Adventures in Game Development -- 19

Hey guys, unfortunately I don't have a great update for today. Instead, I have a pretty boring update.

Today was spent learning more C++. I have pretty much mastered all of the C parts of C++. For most that probably sounds stupid, so I'll explain it.

C++ is a language that sort of has two sections. The first section -- the C part -- is the procedural aspect of the C++. This is pretty much all of the stuff I've covered so far in this blog. The second section of C++ is object oriented. I don't know much about object oriented programming -- yet -- so I'll just tell you that this portion of C++ allows for jumping around the program.

Considering C++ was originally called C with Classes, object oriented programming is a very important part of C++ and something that I need to start learning right away.

11 comments:

chillmastor said...

You're learing pretty fast.
All I know is AutoIT^^

oinyo said...

Cool info thank you.
Once you learn the basics make us a fun hangman game on your page to play! :D

Triper said...

good reading foe

Michael Arsenault said...

keep it up! learning c++ is good especially when involving yourself in the gaming industry.

Dave Benzene said...

C++ is a great language, keep it up

Miyamoto Karyuu said...

ur such a hard worker!

Desktoper said...

C++ is too complicated :/

A Beer for the Shower said...

I used to work with a big group of developers and had to learn some C++ for automated testing. As I sit here in my underwear sipping a beer, I'll admit I do not miss it. You'll probably find it more valuable, though.

Jblogger said...

i might take up programming this summer. seems kinda hard though

Jesse Crows said...

hehe no worries just keep on chugging

FateIT said...

Good Luck Studying :)

Post a Comment