Adventures in Game Development -- Day 16

After making my WEP cracking game more efficient, I decided to take a little break from it by working with SDL. For those who don't remember, SDL is the graphics API for C++ that will allow me to make graphical games. Unfortunately, there is quite a learning curve for SDL.

So far, I've had lots of trouble trying to learn SDL. My biggest problem is that there aren't many good tutorials that guide you through all of the SDL functions. I can learn the syntax of C++ and the syntax of SDL, but I'm having trouble gluing them together.

The tutorials I've used so far have been unsuccessful. However, I found a tutorial website that looks to be better than what I've found so far. For the next week or so, I'll be covering one tutorial from the SDL portion of the site  per day.

Here's a link to the site for anyone who wants to check it out: http://sol.gfxile.net/gp/ch01_devcpp.html

9 comments:

Kakadudu said...

nice blog. followed

LinksZee said...

hmmm. i've always wanted to learn this but i don't think i would be able to do it.

I hope the tutorials work out well for you, i'll be tuned in!

minecraft129 said...

I tried working with C++ a little but couldn't get much past making a window pop up :\

Unknown said...

you should publish your WEP game when its complete.

Xenototh said...

SO where on the learning curve would you say that you are? Halfway there?

Whitelight said...

I can't wait to play this!

Sean said...

gonna go check it out!

Dola said...

post game pics and gl with more development =D

mike said...

game development seems tough. I took a class in java, but my teacher didn't know anything about java so i didn't learn anything...

Post a Comment