Adventures in Game Development -- Day 17




Today I embarked on learning some of the Python programming language. Python is a scripting language which makes it great for implementing into C++. Because of this, I feel that it is good to know while I'm finishing up learning C++

So far Python has been quite easy. Python aims to be more like English than C++, which makes learning it fast quite easy.

I hope to learn Python quickly and mabey pickup Pygame (an off-shoot of SDL for Python) before I beging writing a game with regular SDL and C++.

13 comments:

baka1236 said...

i heard this was one of the easier languages to learn

LinksZee said...

cool that it aims to be more like English. i hate C++ its so hard for my tiny brain to understand

Brick said...

nice all i know is visual basics XD

KalOo said...

do you work with it or are you just learing it for fun ?

oinyo said...

Very cool! remember to have fun while learning it! It is the easiest way to earn and to keep things stuck in your head :)

Whitelight said...

Looks good! :)

Michael Kato said...

I've been learning Python in school for integration into Autodesk Maya and I really like it so far! It's my first foray into programming and it's... well not easy, but easier than C++ I'm sure!

Sean said...

This is awesome! Can't wait for more posts

dalexus said...

i know only pascal atm xD

Anonymous said...

Python looks like a good programming language I should start learning!

Intraman said...

great, i didn't know python could be used when coding games

mediocreatleast said...

Any chances of learning Matlab?

D3N00B1F13D™ said...

@thenitefalls

same here. I feel like a noob not knowing these things, since I'm more focused on hardware. Oh well..

@h00k
Nice entry you got here. Followed

Post a Comment